Privacy Statement SALM EN KIPP
Last Updated: May 25, 2018
This Privacy Statement is a translation of the original Dutch text. This translation is furnished for the reader’s convenience only. The original Dutch text will be binding and shall prevail in case of any variance between the Dutch text and the English translation.
Personal contact is an important part of the cooperation between you and SALM EN KIPP, whereby we naturally respect the choices you make about the use of your personal data. This Privacy Statement outlines how your personal data is being processed by us and also about your rights in relation to the information we hold about you.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal data that we collect from or about you. For example, during your interactions with, for example when you: use the products and/or services offered by us, purchase our products or services, supply products or services to us, subscribe to our seminar or our promotional/educational emails, apply for a job at SALM EN KIPP or visit our website. This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data.
SALM EN KIPP, founded in 1898, is an independent distributor, delivering high quality laboratory equipment and related products and services in the Benelux.
SALM EN KIPP (B.V. Verenigde Instrumenthandel Salm & Kipp)
3621 LP Breukelen
Phone : +31 346 26 90 90
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : https://www.salmenkipp.nl
Chamber of Commerce : 30048298
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data in 4 different ways:
- Personal data that you have provided to us (online or offline). For example when you: contact us, use or order products and/or services from us, provide products and/or services to us, apply for a job at SALM EN KIPP and participate in our seminar.
- As distributor, we work very closely with various manufacturers to bring you a range of high quality laboratory equipment and related products and services. For example, we may receive your personal data from our manufacturer in responding to a request you’ve provided to this manufacturer.
- We may receive your personal data from third parties as part of the products and services we provide, or for legal reasons. For example: from your company (your employer), suppliers in technical-, payment-, recycling-, and delivery services, insurers and lawyers.
Personal data we collect about you
Personal data that we collect from or about you, may include:
- Your first name, last name, contact details (email address, phone number), gender, (academic) title, IP-address;
- Information regarding your company (where you are employed) such as: company name, your job function, your discipline (e.g. analytical chemistry), mailing address, billing address, shipping address, payment information, contact information and order information;
- Your communication preferences and all other (marketing) communications (including information).
If you apply for a job at SALM EN KIPP, we collect all the personal data you provided us during the application process, such as a curriculum vitae.
We don’t collect or process sensitive personal data. If you accidentally or intentionally transmit sensitive personal data to us, we will process these data for the purposes of deleting it.
If you choose not to provide your personal data to us, and if this personal data is necessary to conclude a contract between you and SALM EN KIPP, we will not conclude that contract and not supply or buy the services and/or goods.
You are, or your child is under the age of 16 years
We do not intentionally or knowingly process personal data from children under the age of 16 years, unless we have permission from parents or guardians to collect personal data.
If you are under the age of 16 years, please be sure to read this Privacy Statement with you parents or guardians and ask them questions about anything you don’t understand.
Parents or guardians: feel free to contact us via email@example.com if you suspect that we have collected your child’s personal data (under the age of 16 years) without your consent.
Why we collect your personal data
Purposes for processing your data
We process personal data for a range of commercial business purposes (mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service). For example, we may collect and use your personal data for:
- To fulfill our obligations related to contracts with our business consumers, manufacturers and suppliers;
- To provide you with relevant services and products;
- To inform you about and provide more information about products and services offered by us, that you have purchased from us;
- To register purchased products and services, to process product- and service orders (e.g. order confirmations and invoices), to handle warranty claims, to replace product/service manuals;
- To follow up on incoming requests;
- To resolve product and services issues;
- To communicate with you;
- Notify you about a product recall, when this is necessary for well-being or safety;
- Sending you marketing communications (which you have requested). These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions;
- To invite you to participate in an event (e.g. seminar, workshop, fair) and/or provide you content and venue details on an event you signed up for;
- To reply on a web form you have completed on our website;
- To invite you to participate in surveys and discussions and ask you for your views on our products and services;
- To inform you about and provide information about similar products and services offered by us, that you have purchased from us;
- Process a job application;
- To improve our products and services, to optimize customer services and to improve our website ;
- For statistical or analytical purposes;
- To develop partnership;
- To buy relevant services and products;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- For legal, protection, security, and safety purposes: to protect SALM EN KIPP and others, to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud or to reduce our credit risks.
Legal basis for processing your data
Legal basis for processing your personal information are:
- Our or a third party’s legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protections interests of fundamental rights and freedoms, for example business interests;
- Close or perform a contract with you, for example, for delivering goods or services that you have ordered;
- You have given us consent to do so, for example, to provide you with marketing communications;
- To comply with the law, for example, to store payment details for 7 years for the Tax Authorities;
- If necessary to protect the vital interests of any natural person, for example providing first aid, where a person gets unconscious.
Sharing your personal data
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your personal information with/to any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
We may share your personal data with various third parties, for example to drop ship your order, or if we ask a supplier to help us with your request, or to sign you up in order to get access to our manufacturer’s facility (e.g. production location).
These third parties are for example: our manufacturers , delivery-, recycling-, and technical services, financial institutions and government entities. We provide these third parties with only those elements of your personal data they need to deliver services and goods effectively.
We also use suppliers to process data on our behalf and to help us to operate our business efficiently, for example to: suppliers in technical-, payment-, hosting-, email-, and delivery services. We are responsible for making sure that companies who process your personal data on our behalf, commit to the applicable personal data protection laws by concluding a “data processing agreement”.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties if required by law.
Storage and safety of your personal data
We seek to protect the safety of your personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures. For example, access controls, storing your information on secure servers, security of our website with HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure).
Most of the data is stored and processed within the EU/European Economic Area (EAA). If we need to transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA, for example, because a datacenter or our manufacturer is located there, then we make sure we have a specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a country outside the EU/EEA.
How long we do we keep your personal data?
- We will keep your personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints and for safeguarding purposes;
- We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized;
- In connection with a job application: if your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your information for a limited period of time (4 weeks), or longer (1 year) if you have given consent.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
To be informed
To access your personal date we hold about you. We would ask you to indicate which data you would like access.
To request that we correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
To request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. However, we can if necessary continue to process and hold it if we have a legal reason (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes or as proof of complaints).
We keep your request to erase your personal information until you and/or your company no longer do business with us.
To request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data. It means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it.
To request that we provide you with your digital personal data or to pass on this information directly to another data controller when the processing is based on your consent or processed for a contract. This right only applies to digital personal data that you have provided to us.
To object to the processing of personal data. You must have serious reasons for this; you must be able to demonstrate that the processing may have adverse effects for you. You can always object to the processing of your personal data if this processing is in violation of the law.
To withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, If you want to withdraw your consent to our promotional/educational e-mail, please make use of the included link to manage your subscriptions.
You can also opt out for receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you still may receive communications from us, such as order confirmations and invoices.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in first instance contact: email@example.com
Requests regarding your privacy rights can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that the request has been made by you, we verify your identity. This is to protect your privacy.
Links to other websites or social media
For your convenience and information, our website contains links to other websites and to social media (pages and or/channels). If you follow a link to any of these websites or social media, please note that these websites and social media may have their own privacy policies. We suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites or social media. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the content or the use or privacy practices of those websites and social media.
Changes Privacy Statement
SALM EN KIPP reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version can always be found on our website. We will update our Privacy Statement with an update date stated at the top of this document.